Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Scan...Scan...Scan!




In my two different worlds (work and personal) this means different things. At work I'm always telling my cash staff to scan each item to make sure the correct product gets credited as a sale...but at home it involves a flatbed device that digitizes my work into picture files.


That's what I did tonight! I have been working on a stitchery project entitled Portholes Of Inspiration which will eventually become a quilt (once I complete all the pieces). Had promised to share some of this work with various on-line friends, so decided to get scanned in the ones I've completed so far.....all 25 of them.


The idea evolved from the original pattern for my Pin Pal (a fancy name for a pin cushion). The top section was a small round CQ piece stretched over a metal form (recycled frozen juice can lid) and then fabric was stretched over a stack of same for the base. The two were stitched together to finish the piece. But while making tops for some of these....the vision struck me that these pieces would look stunning framed out in a black velveteen cutout! I decided I just had to do that...so used a piece of polar fleece as an interim frame...and just loved the look!


Attaching a few of my favourites. The idea is to make each one as different as my imagination can manage. Enjoy

4 comments:

Nathalie L. pour Histoires de boites à couture said...

J'aime les coïncidences. En France nous travaillons actuellement sur des cercles avec comme support des CD, c'est génial. J'aime beaucoup votre travail. It's wonderful, in France, we working with CD support, it's a good idea to make full circles for an quilt. Thank you. I love crazy.
http://cdhistoires.blogspot.com/
Friendly

Rose Anne B said...

WOW WOW WOW I love the portholes and CONGRATS for tackling the BLOG and later tonight I'll take the time to read it too - lunch time is too rushed!

Carol said...

the cq circles are just beautiful! I love the idea!!! Can't wait to see the quilt finished!!! Great job on setting up your blog too!!!

Carol
http://www.artnquilt.blogspot.com

disa said...

成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片

Blog Archive