Sunday, February 17, 2008

Between Laundry and Dinner...Creative Stitching Today

I thought I was experiencing a creative dry spell...just didn't seem to have any ideas or visions happening...but that was only as far as beads go. I started ripping apart the ties & tops that I recently aquired at Goodwill and found some new direction for my Portholes project! I managed to piece two more of them, and have three more fabric combinations on deck to go ... so ya ... it was a productive day!

Add to that ... I actually completed the seams on a porthole that was waiting to be stitched...so now the count is up to 26 done.

I am very much looking forward to our new Family Day holiday which as yet is undetermined as to how it will be spent...but will have to see what kids think we should do...it may be something together...or they may want to hang out with friends. Will go with the flow.

If they decide on the latter...means stitching time for me...and I'm okay with that. DH gets precious little free time so he will likely take his digital camera and go in search of some natural phemonon to capture...for which he has a quite uncanny talent. Will see if he'd be willing for me to share some of these....after all a picture is worth a thousand words!

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I just had a thought...if DH won't allow you to post his pictures, maybe he'd let you use them in your art. It would be a great way to 'marry' both your talents.

Blog Archive