Monday, March 17, 2008

Idea Barrage Ended ... and Scan-a-thon




I know I'm at the end of a creative streak when I feel "spent". A couple of days from now that could all change when another wave hits me...but when the idea stream ends...that's when it's a good idea to get the scanner humming and actually digitize what has been created!

20 turned into 37....sometimes it even boggles my mind! Mostly these have come from one idea evolving to another or extrapilating to other colours sometimes making minor pattern variations. Sometimes I'll be attempting one thing and quite by accident something else will happen. The results are gratifying and that is the beauty of patterning "on the fly'.

With my final aim being saleable patterns for these...I'm going out on a limb here to show you why I have been so excited and "guarded" of these ideas. Here are just a few of the pieces that comprise the 37 created so far. I've searched around a bunch of beading sites...and thus far didn't come across anything that is similar. Hoping that the rest of the stitching world will become as excited as I have when they debut!

The beauty of these creations is the patterning precision. Like a crocheted or tatted embellishment, once finished they can be couched onto CQ projects as embellishments....adding a certain "wow" factor, either on their own or with more stitching incorporated. Their versatility (especially in the seam treatments) is in being able to adjust the length of the finished piece to a desired length simply by adding the number of pattern repeats.
I will be adding some of these to my Portholes series and share them again when stitched onto pieces to give the full end result.
For the mean time...enjoy!


5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

These are way cool!! Hmm...does this 'idea barrage ended' statement mean you need more beads???

Marie Alton said...

Hi MA
Ummmm...no...I'm still good...I'm just waiting for more ideas to form...sort of a mental breather. I actually did make a couple more tonight ... but there isn't that "sensory overload" that comes with a streak!

Rengin Yazitas said...

Gorgeous...Great ideas...thanks so much for sharing.
Rengin, from Istanbul

Rose Anne B said...

NOW these I really really like and you'll have to let me know when your pattern or book or whatever is on sale as I'd like it for sure.

Also just noticed you've my BLOG on your list - well Thank You very much!

Diane said...

Hi Marie, from SRE to CQ to beading, I'm on the same path, though way behind you! I love your work.

Blog Archive