When I first started this blog back in January, I had intended on sharing the progress on this project. It seems I've gotten off track ... or switched tracks ... whatever! No better time than the present to start!
This piece started out to be a Pin Pal ... a pattern that was shared a while back on Maureen Greeson's site in her monthly newsletter. I have also been thinking of submitting it to CQ Mag Online in the near future...just because it's a fun and quick project (not to mention that it's a really good pin keep!)
As I was completing the last seam ... I had one of those "vision things" happen ... saw it framed out in a black velveteen "porthole"... and then and there decided I had to do it! I cut a circle opening in a piece of black polar fleece that was handy and layed it over the stitched panel. It exactly matched in effect to what I expected!
I've been stitching away at subsequent pieces and my count is up to 28 or 29 ... with my eventual total to be somewhere between 60 and 80 depending on what size I decide to end with.
This is my own personal "Take It Farther" challenge. Some of the colour combinations will be similar as I'm using favourites from my stash...but am attempting to give each one it's own unique look. Fabrics are silk, satin, rayon, polyester, a few cottons and velvets. Threads ... everything and anything that I have acquired till now....silk, rayon, metallic, Silk Ribbon, Ribbon Floss, polyester, cotton and even some chenille. Then of course there will be all those extra bits ... laces, motifs, tatted bits, buttons, charms, beads and the like....the whole pallet!