Saturday, March 29, 2008

Show and Share - The Chatelaine




I know there are some of you out there that remember this piece! It was one of my first huge patterns! I still have and use my original one.

It was also the theme for a swap on one of the lists ..... and what I remember about the event was that the same pattern in the hands of a dozen or so individuals will yield some pretty amazing results! The second and third pics were two that I did for the swap (and I don't think these were posted...if so only on that one list!)

The participants were allowed to use the set of templates to construct in whatever method they desired. The variety ranged from simply using printed fabric to an entire CQ set. some opted to work floral patterns of their own design and there were some gorgeous ones shown! Very impressive work! If any of you readers were original participants in that swap and have pics to share....please feel free to drop me a line. I can post them here or share a link to it....whatever!

List swaps are a great way to bring a more human element to this electronic age....not to mention that you can realize some fabulous treasures from participating! I have kept every swap item I've received over the years ..... with one exception ..... it was a baby hat for my neice!

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Aw, geez - thanks for reminding me that I have one of those on my 'to-do' list that never seems to get 'to-done'.

Gwen Buchanan said...

exquisitely done. such delicate caring work..

Blog Archive