Friday, March 21, 2008

Show and Share - The Cube











This project was one of my first commissioned pieces. It was another that came my way from Crafters Marketplace inquiries. The cube itself was a gift to the client. It's actually meant for photographs and was then part of the product line of Bombay Company (I know this because I ended up using part of the payment from this project to buy myself one!)

Instead of pictures the lady wanted silk ribbon embroidered panels in each side and the top. She gave me absolute creative reign. All she asked was that each piece was different.

Well my friends...this is the piece that I "gave away"! I charged her a total of $100 ... in hindsight ... it probably should have been about triple considering the time invested...let alone the yardage of ribbon it took! Ah well ... like I said ... live and learn!

Happy Easter to all.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Nice to know I'm not the only one that's accused of under-pricing! My goodness - cost of the ribbon alone scares me. Lovely box tho...sure hope she appreciates it!!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Beautiful intricate caring work ...

a labor of love?

Blog Archive