Friday, April 11, 2008

Food For Thought - Comfortable in My Skin

This down time from the day job seems to have my brain out of sorts. I have a whole list of things that I wanted to accomplish this week...but can't seem to get in gear! Spent much of the day "playing" ... which I guess is okay on holiday time ... and I did create four new Portholes!

Whilst checking e-mail today ... I had an update from Classmates.com letting me know that this year my graduating class from Applewood Heights Secondary School is arranging a 35th Year Reunion! HUH??? OMG...it has been that long??!!! Yup! Class of '73...the math is right!

I started thinking about "those good ol' days" ... the ones when we never realized how easy we had it...the ones before we all turned into adults...and started to live "respectable lives".

I have found and hooked up with a few friends from that era...but often wonder about a lot of others whose names I see listed....and what life's path has dealt them over such a long time. I am seriously considering attending this reunion...even though I have not been to any before...just to see who shows up...and to catch up. I think it'd be a blast!

We were all such victims of peer pressure back then...and am sure that now that we're all grown up with families of our own ... that we'd see the whole deal in different light. I'd sure have a lot to tell...as I'm sure they have too...and that alone would be worth going for.

I know that I'd feel comfortable...not only with these old friends...but in knowing where I've been and what I've done ... accomplished ... created ... and in general...the self-satisfaction that my life has turned out pretty good....and yes....that I am comfortable in my skin.

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hey - speak for yourself! We haven't all turned into adults..lol. Sorry, couldn't resist that.
It's good that you're playing during your week off. That's what you're supposed to be doing.

Blog Archive