Porthole # 10 - This is another of the brighter cheerier pieces. The centre fabric came from a fabulous dress acquired for a whole $7 at a thrift shop. I actually bought it to wear to a wedding...and did...then afterward decided that it was way longer than I liked so I shortened it by about a foot. I can still have the dress and use the extra fabric!
The floral motif ... started out with a silk-covered button...working around the perimeter I added loops of violet - tone beads for the petals.
On either side of it I used Ribbon Floss...Lazy Daisy leaf sprays on the right...and a "stacked" Chevron on the left. The latter is actually a row of Chevron but the top section is a "pseudo"... not a complete pattern...as I had to eliminate the inside bars.
Above that on the yellow patch is a squadron of teeny butterflies in Kreinik # 4 metallic braid.
On the grey satin patch I did a pattern that is remeniscent of those old string art kits...working on a 180 degree grid from bottom to top allowing the thread to overlap...then crowned each with a Colonial knot.
Lastly...just above the floral motif...a row of Cast - on stitches in cotton perle.