The gate ... I must say that I was very pleased with how it turned out and delighted with the floral additions on the pillars. To create the ball finials at the top of the pillars, I cut small circles out of quilters template, added a thin layer of batting and cinched a piece of moire over it then appliqued in place.
If you look at the bottom left corner you can see where I started enhancing the blocks. That's why I ended up stopping work on the project....I wasn't happy with how it was turning out. I had been planning to rip it all out and redo it with finer floss...but just didn't get back to it.