Monday, June 2, 2008

The Front Bed in Bloom





Melanie captured more of the gardens for me yesterday...warm sunny days have coaxed the Giant Germanic Irises to bloom...and how could I have forgotten the bushes behind the bed...not entirely sure of the species except that I think they are a type of Honeysuckle bush.

The Creeping Phlox is in full bloom now too and the big fountain of thin leave will be orange Day Lilies later. Have planted some seeds there which will take a while to show...but should be way cool when they do...and a few yellow lilies too...one of which I broke when weeding...poo.

There is only one bed left to deal with...which I hope to clean up tomorrow...the centrepiece of it will be Delphiniums. I didn't even get to see them last year...just too busy!

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

oooh...pretty!! I love the garden this time of year because every day there's something new.

Blog Archive