Thursday, July 24, 2008

Drag Bag - Other Bits

Have another couple or three pics of stitching done on the bag. Above the monogram there are more sprigs growing out of the pocket.


One of the front pockets was trimmed on the edge & has a teeny floral spray on the inside pocket.


By the time I got to the other pocket I had thought more about those cool Bullion Roses made with Ribbon Floss...but couldn't decide on a few colours...so opted for one of each...a rainbow of roses! Finished off the pocket of this one too of course.

2 comments:

coral-seas said...

I'm loving this bag, the embroidery is lovely, especially those bullion roses. I haven't heard of ribbon floss before, it certainly makes nice bullion stitches.

Marie Alton said...

Ribbon Floss is a rayon woven ribbon about 1/16" wide and comes in tons of colours...on a spool. If memory serves...it is being marketed now by YLI...if you Google searched it...I'm sure you'd find some sources. I have oodles from years ago. It goes so far and I love it for adding dimension to CQ. Up until this project I hadn't tried bullion roses with it...and was thrilled at the result.

Blog Archive