Thursday, July 31, 2008

No. 100 - Porthole # 34


Wow...100 blogisms! Nowhere near MA who is close to 600...but then I only started this year!

Porthole # 34 is a bit of whimsy. I started with the addition of a Free Form beaded embellishment and went from there..adding in a whole bunch of French Knot roses mixed with some blue buds. Next I added the seam above it in blue Silk 30...a Herringbone base embellished. Above that I added long & short LDs, tacking the long ones together at the mid-points to open them up. On the green patch I used some Candlelight Midnight to stitch some travelling vinery...then lastly used some gold Ribbon Floss for the fans with LD points.

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

#100? Good for you! I remember never thinking I'd have enough to say to fill 25 posts, much less 600! I know, I know...you've always known I'm a blabbermouth :)

Question I've been wanting to ask...how do you remember the name of each thread you use? What type of storage system do you have that enables you to do that? Curious minds want to know!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Congrats! Marie!!! Now for the next 100!!! can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Marie Alton said...

Hey Hey MA ... I think of you as a chatty gal ... I wouldn't ever say you were that other word!

My main storage case is a dollar store box that accommodates most of the threads I work with regularly...with a few peripherals for specific stuff...like Ribbon Floss and silk ribbon. I work with many of them on a regular basis and can easily recall the effect produced. The rare ones still have labels to refer to.

Gwen ... thanks ... back at ya!
The Mutual Admiration Society!
Always enjoy visiting to see what's new!

Blog Archive