Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Other Pocket

The monogram pocket was not where I began on my Drag Bag. I spent hours & hours creating this huge floral spray on the right hand side. Above that I worked Feather Stitch vines coming out of the pocket, and added a Cast-on Stitch flower at each point. These were worked with VC Hand-dyed Silk Perle #12 in Nectarine. The French Knot roses at the bottom is the same colour in silk ribbon.
As I want to be able to wash this bag occasionally...I decided to stick to silks, rayons and polyester (Jeans Stitch). I used a whole lot of Ribbon Floss...and was particularly thrilled at how it worked for the Bullion Roses! The density and definition is way cool. I liked it so much that I did another spray of them on another pocket...but we'll get to that another day.

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Beautiful, Marie! I can't wait to see the whole bag. Ribbon floss and bullion stitch? Hmmmm.....

Gwen Buchanan said...

This is gorgeous.. Oh I see it on a handbag! beautiful... at first i though it was on your jeans.. brought back memories of the '70's when I had embroidery up and down a favourite pr.

Marie Alton said...

Hi MA & Gwen...thanks...but wait...there's more! And I did make one pair of jeans fancy just recently for my niece...maybe that's when this idea started?!!

Blog Archive