The monogram pocket was not where I began on my Drag Bag. I spent hours & hours creating this huge floral spray on the right hand side. Above that I worked Feather Stitch vines coming out of the pocket, and added a Cast-on Stitch flower at each point. These were worked with VC Hand-dyed Silk Perle #12 in Nectarine. The French Knot roses at the bottom is the same colour in silk ribbon.
As I want to be able to wash this bag occasionally...I decided to stick to silks, rayons and polyester (Jeans Stitch). I used a whole lot of Ribbon Floss...and was particularly thrilled at how it worked for the Bullion Roses! The density and definition is way cool. I liked it so much that I did another spray of them on another pocket...but we'll get to that another day.