Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Porthole # 28


A while back I posted about spending two hours in a miniature rose garden ... this is what I was referring to!

The "wrought iron" fence was stitched with Kreinik metallic #4 then I added the French Knot roses & leaves. On the royal blue patch I worked a row of yellow Chevrons then two rows of Herringbone in wine silk, and used Candlelight gold for the LD fans, crosses and knots. Opposite on the wine patch more gold in stacked Chevrons overlayed with black metallic Chevrons with fly stitches added to form triangle points. The royal blue Chain Stitch vine is Ribbon Floss. On the small black patch the LD feather is Kreinik Metallic ... Ruby #4.

Stay tuned ... tomorrow I will share # 29 ... which is the first one featuring one of my Free Form Embellishments!

Blog Archive