Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Porthole # 29






I'm excited to show you this one because it's the first one that I added a Free Form edging to!

These pieces are created first then couched in place...they are really versatile as one picece could be used a number of ways (variations shown below).

Though I started with a rather dark background, I love how the edging brightened it ... and then pulled from these colours for other seams.

The real beauty of this method ... is it's flexability ... you can repeat the pattern however many times you need to fit where you want it to go ... whether it be 3" or 12" ... then simply pin it in place, couch it down and voila! ... one cool seam! Beyond that...you can further embellish with stitchery to enhance it (you wll see some of this on other Portholes).

But ... it doesn't stop there! Imagine creating these edgings to embellish clothing! Just picture how stunning it'd look to dress up a collar & cuffs of a jacket ... or trim a neckline of a dress or shirt! With the precision of creating a seperate piece the fit will be exact.

I have some holiday time coming soon ... and planning on using some of it to put together pattern sets ... which will be available soon! Oh yes...for sure...I will let you all know...I'm very eager to share these patterns with all ... as I'm confident that you'll love the technique as much as I do!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I knew these would be perfect seam treatments!! I can brag that I've seen them right after they were 'birthed' and there are many more to come.

Blog Archive