Sunday, July 6, 2008

Porthole # 30

I skipped adding beadwork to this I had a small metallic tatted bit (Kreinik # 4 ) that I've been wanting to use, and this one seemed to fit.

The centre fabric was another of my Goodwill finds ... I liked the swirly pattern on it. I enhanced what was there by adding Colonial knots in two colours and extended the swirl to the yellow patch, first working an outline in backstitching going over it with Detached Buttonhole stitch using purple Jeans Stitch.

The LD fans on the purple patch are Pearl Crown Rayon; for the split Chevrons I used Cotton Perle #5 in blue and Pearl Crown in green; on the wine patch I used black Cotton Perle #5 for more LD fans.

No comments:

Blog Archive