Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Porthole # 33


I began this one by adding the beaded Free Form piece. The purple and gold fit well and the size was just right for that seam. On that shocking green patch I worked a double row of Herringbone and did some tacking work in crosses; to finish off the bottom I worked a line of Cast-on stitch scallops. The whole thing is done in Pearl Crown rayon.

Directly opposite on the purple patch is another row of Herringbone...this time in silk. Added small LDs to the ends for leaves and some bullion buds.

Next I filled in the gold patch with some LDBT buds and greenery SRE. Added some purple vines & leaves on the rust patch then finished off with a spray of gold...simple running stitch enhanced with Colonial knots.

1 comment:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

These are fabulous! I must thank Allie for pointing out your blog, as I hadn't seen it before. I love your colors - great pallette you use!

Blog Archive