Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Beads & Leaves & Vines ... Oh My!

It's funny how that happens ... I'll be working away on some project then all of a sudden ... my brain gets an idea ( or five ) for something else!

I was working away on my Drag Bag when bead thoughts entered my mind. I have made a few pieces with leaves...but then another idea came into focus...and better still how to make it work. I played with it using some of these new dollar store ones (they are not very uniform...but the colour was way cool...lemony glass with a green lining)...and it turned out quite interesting.

Then...because I wanted to see how it'd work out using better (uniform) beads...I did a second one using green beads with a copper lining.

I know this design is going to become a fave of mine...I love beaded vines because they "travel" so nicely & can be further embellished with buds or blooms.



I like a design even more when it is versatile. I'm showing three variations of each piece...leaves all to one side...leaves flipped to alternate sides...and curving.



3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

ooooh...purty! These are perfect for CQ seams. You DO have a fertile brain...lol.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh I love these.. they're super!!

Rose Anne B said...

WOW Marie I love these beaded leaves and branches - WOW!!!

Blog Archive