Monday, August 11, 2008

Porthole # 36


Finally ... a week off to relax! This is my last vacation week of the year and will be heading up to a friend's cottage to chill...and stitch...stitch...stitch!

Before I go I wanted to share the next Porthole...# 36.

I started by adding the pink - pointed Free Form piece. There was a small bit of the centre fabric with two people figures that I wanted to add...so decided to make a "button". I gathered the fabric over a small disc of hard plastic (cut from a spent gift card). I created the beaded medallion to fit exactly around it and couched both to the fabric, then stitched the blue metallic beads into the centre of each loop.

Next I added the half wheels in Gold Candlelight...ands some vines in Midnight...and some feather stitch sprigs in black Kreinik #4 trimmed with Ruby #4 Lazy Daisy stitches.

Last I added the blue Ribbon Floss seam...a new stitch to me...and now I forget what the heck it was called! Will have to check back to the book...but later.

I'll be back on the 17th and post more then. See ya!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Marie, this is a beautiful porthole. I love the way you are doing your bead motifs.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Have a great holiday! Hope it doesn't rain too much on your parade!!

Blog Archive