Thursday, August 28, 2008

Porthole # 38


Finally got the last 3 in the series scanned in!
# 40 I just finished last night...so wanted to wait until it was complete before scanning the rest.

I like # 38 ... it is one of my personal faves. It began with two Free Form pieces...a medallion and line of paired leaves in similar colours. I added pale butter yellow French Knot Roses and greenery to the inner ring of the medallion & gold Ribbon Floss to make bullion florettes between the leaves. On the black patch I used more Ribbon Floss for the line of Herringbone, then embellished the top with white Lazy Daisy Bullion Tips (with a fill-in stitch) and the bottom with a straight tacking stitches & Colonial Knots. Above that more LDBTs in deep honey Silk Ribbon with Fly Stitch / Twisted Stem and Ribbon Stitch leaves. Last but not least I added the three fern-like leaves in pale green YLI 1000 Denier Silk.

4 comments:

Rose Anne B said...

OMGG I totally agree with you - this is my FAVE also!!! WOW just beautiful!

Diane said...

For me this is the best one yet. The fern leaves are beautiful.

Cate said...

The pictures just don't do your work justice, Marie! They are so much more beautiful in real life!

Rosy A. said...

please, come here with "circle d├ęsign"

http://cdhistoires.blogspot.com/

your crazy are very beautiful
thank you

Blog Archive