Sunday, September 14, 2008

More From the Drag Bag

First off...a thought hit me as I looked at my last post ... I should have gone with small photos...as the actual pieces weren't quite that BIG.

Moving on. DH did indeed have someting else plugged in the scanner port...but kindly fixed that for me and I got a few scans done.

Wrought iron has alway intrigued me...if there is any one trade I'd love to learn it's that...but at this point in my life I can't see that happening...so I will be content to stitch it instead.

To begin with, I created an ornate trellis on the back side of the Drag Bag, only to realize that it looked like a sore thumb...so decided to tie it in to a larger picture. At the bottom edge you'll see some scallops. These continue around the top edge of the bottom darker section...and the front has a large scrolled section...with two smaller panels on the side seams (all of which are still works in progress...or were...before I had to set the project on the back burner). The trellis is situated between the two pockets.

Decided to cover the back trellis in a climbing rose vine. There's three yards of ribbon in them roses...and nearly as much in the leaves. I like it...and planning on doing more of them on the others...maybe mixed with some other flora.




4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Bee-oot-iful! I'm dying to see the entire bag.

Wendy said...

So Beautiful!!! I love the denim on just about anything but this is so stunning!
Wendy

kerrykatiecakeskeb43 said...

Looking really good, Marie! Can't wait to see the bag in its entirety!
Hugs,
Kerry

Gwen Buchanan said...

This is gorgeous, Marie!!! you never fail to amaze me with your designs..

You are a natural!!!

Blog Archive