Monday, September 8, 2008

Porthole # 40


Last but not least # 40 began with a Free Form piece in navy AB beads. I added the turquoise Cretan in YLI Silk 30 and added Colonial knots at the ends. Beside that I stitched a spray of Griffin Buds using YLI Silk 30 for the stems & sepals and Ribbon Floss for the leaves. Opposite I backstitched a line of scallops in pink Pearl Crown Rayon, whip stitched over it and added a cast-on scallop at each point, then repeated the pattern reversed in the purple Pearl Crown. Below that I used blue Ribbon Floss to make the bullion stitch cording, and then light blue to do a zigzag chain with Colonial knots filling the centres. Added the single black lace rose and tatted a small purple butterfly to finish!


As I mentioned before...I may decide to make this a larger piece in future. If and when I do, you can be sure I'll share those with you.

1 comment:

TattingChic said...

Love the pretty tatted butterfly! I love seeing tatting with other types of needlework!

Blog Archive