Saturday, September 13, 2008

Show & Share - BIG Blooms

After a busy week, I was hoping to take time today to scan in a couple of things...but...DH seems to have unplugged it (or it got accidentally pulled out) and I'm not sure where it is supposed to go in the back of the Box. So ... again I had a look through my pic files and found a few things to share.

The third article that I had published (in Piecework / NeedleWorker) was a Silk Ribbon Basket Brooch, and featured another stitch I created called the Alton Loop. It came about during my frustrated attempts to make Loop flowers...which I liked...and wanted to make, but somehow always managed to mess up...because I'd end up pulling one or more of them through accidentally.

You can see how to create the Alton Loop and all variations at:
http://sredeluxe.tripod.com/ ... click on Stitch Directions.

Variation # 4 ... done in 4mm ribbon resembles a Yellow Marigold. Depending on the colour and width of ribbon you choose to use, you can achieve different flowers!

Here you see 7mm used ... Deep Wine for the Dahlia, Tangerine for the Orange Marigold, and a variegated Pink for the Peony. Ribbons used were all YLI and each of these were made into pins that were worn by their staff who worked in their booth at trade shows.


3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Beautiful blooms Marie! I know what you mean tho about being frustrated when the loops pull through (one of the reasons I don't 'do' loops). Guess I'd better check out your method!!

Allison Ann Aller said...

I'm going to check out your method, too. I have dahlias growing that look exactly like these!

Rissa said...

Beautiful flowers Marie!

Blog Archive