Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wow...Has It Been Almost a Week?

Time sure flies! It's been almost a whole week since my last post...mostly because work has sucked up all my energy...leaving me drained of ambition to do anything but relax when I had the chance to stop.

Did find a bit of time to play with the lovely ribbon pack that I received from Vikki...letting the feel of the ribbon and the awesome colours seep into my creative mind...and waiting for the vision...I can feel it forming!

Also finished up an article for the next issue of CQ Mag...so watch for it when the issue is out.

Now I know you all need your regular fix of eye candy...so thought I'd show the first of several scans of a CQ project that I did about five or six years ago...that I sent in as my entry for the Quilting Arts Calendar Contest. Didn't win a spot in it...but it was one of my fave pieces...as I did a lot of innovative stuff on it.

I called this one "Twilight in the Fairy Glen". This is the top right corner. I used a bunch of charms...moon...stars...fairies and such...as well as sequin stars and lots of metallic threads. It's more of a CQ landscape than a block.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Allison Ann Aller said...

Thanks for the detail shot..it is enticing. But won't you pretty please show us the whole thing?

Marie Alton said...

Hi Alli
All in good time...will save that for the end!...have to wait for DH to get back from his fishing trip with the camera...as of right now...I don't have a shot of the whole thing.

Blog Archive