Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Food For Thought - G'Bye 2008 & . . . . . . . Happy 2009!

I'm always happy when the old year ends and the new one begins...I get a sense of renewal and while I typically don't make resolutions...I do try to re-organize...clean up my stuff...and look forward to new challenges! I already have several on my horizon....especially at work! I need a clone ... just to make it all work. I'm not even going to think about that yet....I'm just going to pray a lot!

Today is my Mom's 83rd BD! I spoke to her today & going to go visit tomorrow...then spend New Year's Eve with her, three of my sisters, two BILs, kids, neices and whoever else shows up! Three days off in a row....is rare for me...and although today was actually one of them...had to do a schedule and one week of payroll...so wasn't really off...but at least it's more peaceful here!

With 2009 on the horizon...I contemplate what big things I want to achieve.

The obvious biggie will be the article in A Needle Pulling Thread....the work is already done on that...but may need to redo some graphics.

The Drag Bag has been on the back burner for a few months now...and anxious to get going on it again...might actually take it with me to work on tomorrow.

My "Blank Canvas" will also be transformed into a finished project...and pattern.

Then there's the Portholes Project....which is still under contemplation...go bigger?...stick to this size?....undecided!

The one big idea that I've been holding back on for years....is a new Carousel Horse. Sir Prance -A -Lot was only the tip of this idea iceberg....I've been wanting to do a full 3-D version for a long time. I think I'm ready to proceed.

It may not be quite as intricate (I don't have 200 spare hours to invest...plus am thinking ahead to possibly another article...or at minimum a pattern). I've done a lot of the hard work already...the basics I used for Sir PAL will work again...though the medium may vary....French Knot Roses instead of teeny bullion roses (for example) will make it go faster!

So ... there ya go ... that's the plan!

Happy New Year to everyone .... may it be all you hope it will be!

Hugs ... Marie

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Happy birthday wishes to your Mom!! My dad just turned 88 on Saturday.
Happy New Year to you & yours!! Enjoy your time off with your family.

Allison Ann Aller said...

Sounds like a great plan to me! I look forward to following along, Marie...

Blog Archive