Saturday, December 6, 2008

Inspiration of a Blank Canvas


With less than three weeks to go until Christmas Day, I have decided kind of last minute to make a gift for DD....and for DS...but I know the one I started today will take a bit longer as it will also become a pattern...so the planning, set up and notes are done as I go.

This is all that I'm going to show of the project...because I know DD sometimes checks out Mom's blog....and I don't want to spoil the surprise! I will show you all after she unwraps it.

A blank canvas...staring at it empty...yet able to envision it complete. I know what colours I want to use and the stitches I want to do...can see the picture in my mind's eye...and I love when that happens! Now...to transfer that to this canvas.

While I already know what I'm going to do....here's something for you to try:
Stare at it awhile...think of colours you like...and see if you can imagine filling this canvas! The running stitch line on the outside is 8 x 10.

Tell me what you see...and how you'd fill it up!




2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I see a portrait, surrounded by CQ. But then again...maybe a Christmas tree in the centre. Oh...or a landscape. Maybe words embroidered around the outside?

Allison Ann Aller said...

Beautiful silk flower embroidery surrounding a photograph of a loved one...this would be so fun to do.
Lucky children!

Blog Archive