Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Shop Till Ya Drop...& Wrap It Up!

Year after year I tell myself ( and sternly I might add) to start picking stuff up early...to avoid the last minute bustle...not to mention frustration at not being able to find what I want.

And yes... year after year the same thing happens...I don't listen to myself & end up holding off (again) until the birthdays of November have passed.....and Christmas is on the horizon. Maybe I shop best under pressure...with list in hand of things that I intend to buy.....I commit a couple or three days to power shopping.....then wrap like a fiend to get it present-able!

Today was a power-shopping day...on the heels of my last day off (Friday) which was the same. I have almost all of what I intended to get now...with the exception of two big gifts and some traditional undies for DH...and two or three small things...so feeling like I'm gaining on it!

Every year I do small gifts for my staff and fellow managers...just finished wrapping 33 of them! I got all the "kids" a 2009 - 2010 Planner.....hoping that they will use them to record their shifts...and important functions of family and school...to help me schedule better...let's see if it works! My regular staff get something special...handcrafted goodies that they're always thrilled with!

The boss and managers will be receiving some of my Ornament Cover creations...for the third year in a row...many of them have a collection in progress.

So...with my shash of bags filled with things to wrap I consider myself on track as the countdown is on!

How about you? Are you finished shopping &/or creating those things for your loved ones...or are you still scrambling to get ready for the Big Day?

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my - and I thought I was the only one that made so many gifts!! I'm done tho (which is a good thing because I've managed to euchre my back shovelling this morning) and just have the wrapping to do.

MichelleMermaid said...

I was up til 3am trying to finish two ornaments for my mom who wants to give them as gifts. Ihave made sooo many ornys this year. and I'm making little minis for office gifts. I thought I would be done by now! Ugh :)

Gwen Buchanan said...

Did you say your name was Mrs. Santa??
December always sneaks up on me... you are so organized.. have you thought of giving lessons.. as much as I try to keep track of things.. every year the same thing.. a bit of a rush kind of spurs me on though. and by Christmas everything most often seems to have fallen into place.. happy Christmas!!

Blog Archive