Monday, December 22, 2008

What Was I Thinking ? ? ?

Okay.....I really should know better than to start something that will take me a month to do when I only have two weeks ! So my blank canvas is still nearly blank...I have done 28 rosebuds....but the greenery is slow going ... and there is no way I'd get it done for Christmas...this year.

But....I also decided that this gift was destined for the wrong person....as the picture that will go in it was from Mel TO me... so I should make it for myself.... & hang it in our home...and then at some point down the road let her have it.

In the interim...I decided on another hand-made gift...but...not of my making! I ordered and just received a fabulous pair of earrings made by Gwen Buchanan of Desideratum . Melanie is going to love them...they are so "her"!

I will still share the finished canvas when it is done ... but it'll now be some time next year!

It's almost here! Only a few more sleeps! ..... I am so looking forward to the end of it. It's been quite an exhausting season...and two days of relaxing and merry-making will be most welcome!

I do have my shopping all done now.... food included .... and only a few more things to wrap....so YAY! ... I'm ready for fun!

Will check in with you on Christmas Day .... and announce the winner of the December Draw!
Wishing you all Peace, Love & Joy this Holiday Season ... and a Happy 2009 !

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hah...nice to know you underestimate your time too! I suffer from that all the time.
Merry Christmas to everyone at your house!!!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Your stocking is sheer delight!!! You are so inventive with your gift-giving... ideas just don't stop flowing do they!!!

I love crazy quilt... the way little bits of precious saved fabrics go together to make an even more exquisite creation.. and a functional beauty too.. your work is masterly...

Hope a few treasures fall into from his sleigh as he passes by... Thank-you so much for your support Marie.. Hope you have a relaxing time with your family...

MichelleMermaid said...

Hi Marie. I am happy for the end as well. Tonight at work I finished my office gifts and got them hung on the tree. They looked cute and I felt a happy feeling of completion.
Just have something to finish for mom tomorrow...that should be fun..urgh. :)

black bear cabin said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Blog Archive