Friday, January 9, 2009

A Blast From The Past


I do read all comments that visitors post ... and check out links to pages of visitors that I have not yet met...and sometimes I discover some way cool stuff.

Yesterday I checked out CRAZYQSIS's link and saw something beautiful that she had stitched on her Breast Cancer block called a "Wyld Rose". (Coincidentally...it was adjacent to a patch featuring my own Melanie Rose...which was also beautifully done!)

I knew immediately what the origin of this creation was...as there was...is...and ever will be only one Wyldwmn!

While I have lost touch with her over the years ... Wyld & I go way back ... to the early days of the "silk-ribbon" list ... and her creations were always awesome.

So I took a side trip over to her site...and found a very detailed account of how to create these gorgeous roses...worth checking out!

http://www.wyldwmn.com/rose1.htm

While there I clicked through pics of things in her gallery...to discover a couple of pieces I had made and sent to her for different swaps. One of them was a Chatelaine...and I believe I posted that one some time back...but this little gem was part of the Pin Puff Swap....back in 2000. I was a "Silk Ribbon Purist" back then ... oh...I did use thread too....but only silk.

My how times change!

I've often wished that I had thought to keep track of exactly how many pieces I've made over the years ... I'm absolutely certain the count would be well over 2000 ... so I guess it shouldn't surprise me that I'd forget about the odd one...but it was nice to stumble across this piece and remember the good ol' days!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I am glad you shared the picture. Your work is beautiful. I also love the rose. I think I came across that link awhile back and have yet to give it a try. Sure is beautiful.

CrazyKwilter said...

I remember Wyldwmn from a couple lists, way back when!

Thanks for posting the link to her website and her beautiful rose tute.
All 37 steps...LOL

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Thanks for the link to the beautiful rose...couldn't believe all the steps involved!!

lili11 said...

I wanna have this. Beautiful! I have to learn how to sew.

Blog Archive