Thursday, January 29, 2009

Let Go ... and Let God

Some things are just out of our hands ... that higher power is the force that directs things.

As it happened ... Dianne's Mom continued to deteriorate to the point of failure..and has since passed away.

I'm sad for her loss ... but know that she finally has closure ... that she doesn't have to watch her suffer any more ... and that she will be able to move on once the finalities have been dealt with.

It's part of life ...having to deal with death...and the hardest part is getting on with our own lives. We ... the surviviors ... must keep on going ... doing what we do ... in the face of this adversity.

My sympathies go out to her ... I know this feeling of loss ... and have had to deal with it personally ... as I'm sure most of you have ... and it is never easy.

The challenge is to keep living.

This is where I believe that prayers come in to play. If you send them out to those in need ... then it is sure to help them be strong ... to face the loss ... and to carry on.

Believing that our loved ones are in a better place is a comfort ... and helps to ease the pain.

Our lives will go on ... we can remember the good things ... and keep them close and dear.

At times like this ... I count my own blessings ... and realize that it is all good...even if it just doesn't quite feel that way.

While you let it go ... it is fine to let God help to see it through. ..... I think.

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Well written Marie!

MichelleMermaid said...

Hi Marie. I sure sympathize with your job dilemmas and having to pick up the pieces when others just don't come thru for whatever reason. I'm sure your coworker will appreciate your friendship once she is back with you at work.
Wine and music did you say? Sounds like good therapy to me!
Blessings,
Dakotah

Gwen Buchanan said...

I agree,Marie, well said!

Blog Archive