Saturday, January 24, 2009

Melanie's Hat



Okay ... that's more like it! Melanie snapped these today of herself . I'm so glad that the daylight and the camera were able to capture the true colours of this yarn ... if you scroll down to the mitten ... you'll see the difference (and why I was so disappointed with the scan)! It really brings out the natural beauty in her blue eyes. The pic below shows the cable pattern above the band.

I finally finished the other mitten a few nights ago & now she has a set!

There's still a lot of yarn left ... and contemplating one for myself ... or maybe a pair of house booties for her ... we'll see.

Today is January 24th ... so that means tomorrow is my official One Year Blogiversary! Almost up to 170 posts ... I wouldn't ever have guessed I'd have done that many in one year...or that I'd have had so many visits!

I have to work part of the day tomorrow ... so will wait until after dinner check for the last names of those who have left comments ... and we'll see whose name will come out of the Lucky Tin!

6 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Beautiful job Marie.. Looks beautiful on her.. she should be a model...
lovely choice of color...

black bear cabin said...

Wow...the beanie is beautiful...and so is Melanie! a nice pairing and lovely work! :)

Debbie said...

The hat came out great, very neat looking. The "model" is beautiful (and a great photographer, too)! I love the color! Is there enough extra for a scarf?

Linda H said...

Beautiful hat...beautiful daughter...beautiful blue eyes... lucky girl!!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

lovely hat, being modelled by a lovely girl!!

MichelleMermaid said...

Is that your girl Marie? She is so gorgeous! That hat matches her eyes amazingly well! So impressed. It's a very cute hat.

Blog Archive