Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thumbs Up!


One down ... one to go! I was surprised how easy the thumb actually was....piece of cake! The hardest part was working with so few stitches with such long needles. Don't they make "thumb needles" !

I was going to add some cabling on it to match the hat ... but decided to go plain knit for this first pair ... as the pattern makes two same mitts ... and wanted to see it done before plotting any fancy stuff.

I'm disappointed that the colours don't show true...it is much prettier...more vibrant. Maybe the camera will get it right ... will see when Mel takes some shots of it.

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I knew you'd do fine with the thumbs...if I can do it, anybody can!!

black bear cabin said...

lovely! i never learned how to knit...perhaps some day ill give it a go :)

Gwen Buchanan said...

thumb needles... that's cute!!

I shouldn't say anything they probably make them somewhere.

Blog Archive