Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today Was ... One of Those Days

What I mean is one of those days that you never want to have.

Things are getting from bad to worse at work...partially due to issues that my staff are having to deal with on a personal level.

Primarily ... Dianne ... who has been my Customer Service day anchor & is having a hard time facing with the iminent loss of her mother ..who is a Stage 4 cancer patient. She bravely arrived to do her daily shift today ... only to be picked up by her DH as I arrived ... as her Mom's condition continued to deteriorate. Lesions found on her liver ... collapsed veins that forced the removal of her IV ... that can't be a good thing.

While this is typically skeletal staff time of year...my skeletal staff is dissipating to a mere ghost!

And I'm having nightmares ... about doing it all myself ... OMG ... 830 - 9 ... 5 days straight...that is just too much! On top of which ... I can't even schedule my own nervous breakdown ... how bad is that!

And the crowning jewel of stress ... to have to deal with a hardware upgrade too! These new chip cards require us to upgrade our equipment to accommodate them ... and of course that was scheduled for tonight too ... just shoot me! It'd be a small mercy!

Gripe as I may ... life goes on ... and I am relied on to keep it going ... so that which does not kill us will make us stronger ... but really I need a clone!

It's enough to drive me to drink! Tonight wine & music are my only solace.

My support staff is not as committed as I am ... and/or have issues in their own lives to deal with. Prayers...that's all I have right now...will it be enough? I hope! One day at a time! That's all I'm doing right now ... deal with it as it comes.

So ... there ya go! Hoping you all had a better day than me!

5 comments:

black bear cabin said...

hang in there and hopefully things will look up soon! the wine and music sounds wonderful...add a warm bubble bath to the mix, with some candles, and perhaps your break down will be sent away! Im sending positive vibes your way :)

Marie Alton said...

Thanks Lisa ... I do ... through all of this ... try my best to stay positive ... and know that this too shall pass. Appreciate you sending me strong positive vibes!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

More good vibes heading your way from me too!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh Marie,what a week this has been for you.. If I was there we could share a bottle of wine and commiserate.... You are a very strong determined girl, I do believe.. I'm sure you will be rewarded for your efforts sometime somewhere!!
You must be the most dependable person there!! They are very lucky to have you!!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Besides with a sense of humor like you have .. I think you could take anything!!!

Blog Archive