Wednesday, February 4, 2009

And The Other Shoe Drops

WhileI have survived all recent trials and tribulations ... it has worn me down... to the point of exhaustion. My immune system has not been able to cope with it all...and now I"m sick ... which is one of my least favourite things to be...it is such an inconvenience. I have a full - blown sinus cold ... and feeling just miserable.

On the bright side ... Dianne is starting back tomorrow after her ordeal ... and after a flight delay from her vacation ... Barb will back ... so maybe I can actually take a sick day knowing that someone can cover for me.

I bailed out at noon today ... having to cover Barb for the morning ( even though I was supposed to be off) came home and had some chicken soup ... then passed out for 5 hours. After that ... got up and finished off the draw prize for Gwen & got some stitching done on my Drag Bag. I'm pleased with how the vine work came out ... and will scan some pics soon.

So the worst over ... and relief in sight ... & I'm still standing ... kinda ... even though I need a small reprieve myself.

But it just never seems to end...Sue (who is my cash anchor) now has to leave for a month to go to India. Her sister has been hospitalized from effects of diabetes. Fortunately ... the rest of the day staff will be able to cover ... so it'll work out. Life goes on!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Get well soon, Marie! So, can we see the finished draw prize?

Gwen Buchanan said...

Marie, Don't you just find that the longer we live on this ol' earth, the busier we get and the faster time goes by..

hard to figure this one out.. if anyone knows how to fix it, please let me know...

Gwen Buchanan said...

I hope you get over the cold soon!!

Linda H said...

Hope you are on the mend soon!! Eat lots of citrus and get extra rest. Be good to yourself... I hope to have my blog up and running soon, thanks for your comment. Gail and I have both been away, so we just got back at it yesterday....

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Awwwww....get well hugs are heading your way. Get better soon.

Marie Alton said...

Thanks you guys! As for the draw prize pics...will post after Gwen has received it ... and seen it first.

Beefing up on citris for sure as well as a C - bomb to fight it.

As long as I can think ... I'm good.

Blog Archive