Monday, February 16, 2009

Awesome Irish Crochet

I find myself with the luxury of two whole days off ... today being the second annual "Family Day"... and tomorrow my regular day off...so I am scrolling through the offerings on the Antique Pattern Library and found this exquisite book from the early 1900s !

Priscilla Irish Crochet Book - No. 1

As if the cover isn't amazing enough ... I am sure your jaw will drop ... as mine did ... when you get down to Figure 1 ... a breath-taking coat! It would clearly take months to complete such a detailed project.

What I really love about this book ... is that it is a primer ... starting out with the basic stitches and progressing to motifs and projects. It is a printable version...and I'm doing that too... so I can have it handy for reference.

I was thinking as I went through it ... some of the motifs would be fabulous to add to a CQ project ... especially the dimensional roses.

So ... check it out!

Enjoy!

PS ... the whole book is comprised of 4 PDF files ... the link above is to the first one.
You can see all of them if you take the Antique Pattern Library link at right ... then click on Catalog ... then scroll down to Harvey, Lula M. for the 4-part series.

No comments:

Blog Archive