Thursday, February 26, 2009

Awesome Surprise in the Mail!

Imagine my surprise when I found a small envelope addressed to me in the mail yesterday!

I got very excited when I saw who it came from ... Gwen!

It was a totally unexpected thank you gift from her .... for her Blog Draw win. She sent an exquisite pair of earrings in a rose pattern ... as they reminded her of the teeny laser-cut ones I sent her ... on the heart ... and some extras to use on a special project of her own.

I absolutely love them! I immediately took off my dull standard gold keepers and put these on ... I feel so different!

I didn't think to scan them to show ... and now that I'm wearing them I don't wanna take them off ... so I am going to get Mel to take a pic for me ... of me wearing them ... & then will update my photo ... so you'll all get to see how lovely they are! Can't promise this will happen today ... but will get it up as soon as possible.

If you have not seen the awesome creations that Gwen & her husband John create ... you must check out their Desideratum site! I ordered Melanie's Treble Clef / Bass Clef earrings from her at Christmas ... & she loves them!

Thanks again Gwen ... they are so awesome ... & I'll treasure them always!

3 comments:

Linda H said...

You are so lucky to have a pair of Gwen's earrings! Living in NB, I see her work often in many gift shops - her unique designs are wonderful. You'll love wearing them... and I'm sure you'll get lots of admiring comments!

Gwen Buchanan said...

You deserve more than them, Marie.. for your thoughtfulness!! I feel very honoured that you put them in and it will be cool to see you wearing them!!

and I just checked out Linda's blog.. Amazing work indeed.. I was very impressed!!

Marie Alton said...

Linda...that is way cool that you've had the opportunity of seeing Gwen's creations up close & in person! Geographically speaking you two are a stones throw from each other...so not surprising that your paths might cross in such a manner...but on the net there we are all just a click away!

Gwen...I'm thrilled to have some of your special creations for my very own & glad that makes you feel great that I appreciate your talent!

So glad that you checked out Linda's blog too ... as she's just new to blogging I think she's well on her way to being a fabulous new place to visit! All that experience in quilting & creativity is sure to do well.

As you two have not officially met...Linda meet Gwen ... Gwen meet Linda!

New Brunswick sure has a lot of talent!

Blog Archive