Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gwen's Gift


About a month ago I held a draw to celebrate my One Year Blogiversary ... and Gwen Buchanan was the winning name my DH pulled from the Lucky Tin.


My first thought was to do another pin ... or a pendant ... but thinking these would only be occasionally used ... suggested that she might prefer a Wall Art concept ... something she could enjoy on a daily basis. She loved the idea ... so that became the plan!


I chose to create a small CQ heart in creams with only the centre patch having a hint of colour ... some tiny roses ... and built around that. I had found these exquisite mini laser-cut rose charms at Arton on Queen St. West in Toronto ... and added them as a finishing touch!


The frame ... is 5" x 5" ...cut from art board, padded with knit back fleece, and covered with fabric. The back is fabric only with an inserted hanger that matches the trim on the edge.


Gwen absolutely loves it ...and I'm so glad! If you take the link to her blog above you can see the pics she took of it ... front and back ... as well as an awesome sunrise shot of the Bay of Fundy!

3 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

I'm glad you saw it Marie... I was longer getting it all posted than I would have liked as we had a few orders from shops to finish up and ship out...
Thank you again and Keep up the Beautiful Work!!!

Marie Alton said...

Hi Gwen ...You are entirely welcome my dear! And of course it has to be business before pleasure.
Hammer on!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Very lovely Marie! I popped over to Gwen's site too and I can see she loved it.

Blog Archive