Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Swirly Thingies

Okay so here's what I was talking about last post.

The second one I did is shown first as it hasn't been embellished yet and gives a better idea as to the lure of the pattern.


The first one was not the same design ... but along the same lines.


I added several leaves & a butterfly that were a recent share from Pat Winter...have been wanting to use them but they just needed the right project! The vines that they're on were done with a chain stitch which I then wove over ... doing a figure 8 from outside to inside ... left to right then right to left over the threads...and to make it thicker did this several times over the same chain. The silk flowers are three straight stitches overlayed with 3 Alton Loops ... and kinda remind me of lilies.

Each of these will be gathered over a disc and backed with a stopper-thing ... comprised of stacked artboard circles with fabric gathered over...and then joined.

Will get pics of these two again when completed.

5 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Ahhh so this is the method that you used to make the framed heart.. cool to see the beginning...Thanks!

Marie Alton said...

Hi Gwen ... Yes...kind of. Typically the shape & size of the finished piece dictates how I carve it up ... but the basic theory is the same.

Lisa said...

I love the leaves on this!

Pat Winter said...

Beautiful.Aren't those little leaves fun? Love viewing your creations!
Hugs,Pat

Marie Alton said...

The leaves ... they are fun! Thanks Pat...they were just perfect for this one. I do have a pic of the finished top ... but Mel had camera issues ... her battery died and has to upload them yet...so I'll post as soon as I get them.

Blog Archive