Saturday, February 7, 2009

Temari

Every once in a while you stumble across something so awesome that ya just gotta share!

I was floating around on Etsy today when I found julieandco .
Stunning work. You must go see...you just must!

I tried my hand at this traditional Japanese art form once...made an ornament for my tree...so I have an idea of the skill it takes to create these. The book I borrowed from the library had some beautifully elaborate design ... but my jaw dropped when I saw these!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Linda H said...

WOW!!!They are incredibly beautiful!! I want one..or several..actually I want them all!! We have a vast offering of summer classes in our city on a variety of things, offered through our provincial College of Craft and Design - everything from weaving and photography to Painting and drawing classes, stained glass work and ..yep - Temari!! I was contemplating doing the 2 day Temari class- I've just made up my mind!! Thanks so much Marie, for posting this!! Looks like you're feeling better?

Marie Alton said...

Linda H ... Hi! Yes...I have managed to force this nasty thing into submission...still some minor congestion...but not enough to keep me down. Thanks!

That's fabulous that you can get a class in Temari. Lucky girl!

Gwen Buchanan said...

These balls are amazing... so precise... and the patterns are beautiful.. I can see how much one would want to play with them...

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I can't believe she is selling them so cheaply...methinks there's an incredible amount of work/time AND thread involved in each one. They sure are beautiful.

Blog Archive