After showing the first sample of the Trellis stitch ... I decided to play with it again the next day with some other threads ... as I thought I had it down pat!
But try as I might ... could I get it to look like it was supposed to??? NO!
After the first failed attempt...ya think I might have gone back to Jeanne's pics for a refresher course ... but did I??? NO!
I tried twice more and still it didn't work! Finally I logged on and found her site...& then in one glance ... I realized what the heck was wrong! Somehow overnight my brain flipped the process! Where I was supposed to be going over the needle then under it ... I went under the needle then over ... hmm ... maybe if I cut out the fabric & looked inside...the knots would be on the inside!
Okay well ... just goes to show ya ... we're none of us perfect!
If you look at the sample below ... it will be obvious which ones were the failed attempts!
For these I played with DMC Coton Perl 5 (blue & beige) ... Pearl Crown Rayon (light fuchsia) ... and Ribbon Floss (berry) ... and I definitely like the #5 beige one the best.