Here's what I've been up to : got some plastic rings to try those Dorset Butttons ... wished I had got some a bit bigger...noticed afterward that the ones used were 1" ... mine were half that. Oh well ... I also used #12 silk ... and ended up with more spokes...but it turned out okay. I also used the same to crochet over the ring & then did some mesh around. The Happiness Green PCR one was started the same way ... crocheting over the ring ... then did a round of Vs topped with fans.
Then I decided to add some beads ... on the Blue Iris one ... I did a ring around first & worked the pattern from it ... the Ivory one was free hand ... turned out not bad but tricky to gauge spacing.
This is the equivalent of doodling for me ... playing with ideas ... distracting myself for a while.