Saturday, March 7, 2009

Birthday Gifts






Finally ... some pics to share of the birthday gifts that I told about recently!

Cathy wanted a new pin cushion ... the CQ one that I had made her works fine but she needed something bigger ... with more pins to be at the ready for large projects... so after putting on my thinking cap... I came up with a Pin Tower. I inserted plastic pin wheels between stacks of fabric-covered juice lids & topped it with a beaded motif in metallic beads. I also added a leather insert between the padding and the metal lid so the pins wouldn't hit the metal. Cathy just loved it ... and is looking forward to using it.

I showed the flat scan of the Jar Topper that I made for Madhu ... the gal whose daughter stole her Christmas present... but here is the finished piece. I was very pleased with how it turned out and she loved it! .... the best thanks for any creation.

4 comments:

Linda H said...

What beautiful gifts, Mhrie! Lucky recipients! I love the Pin Tower - I'm sure Cathy will find it useful. Great idea!

Gwen Buchanan said...

This is a beauty Marie.. so ingenius... It is so nice to use tools that inspire and make the project something we are eager and rewarded to do.. I love it!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

A pin tower - how ingenious, and I'm sure Cathy will love using it!

Marie Alton said...

Well gals I have to tell ya ...
Cathy did love it and was thrilled with the number of pins at her disposal! Most of all she liked that I thought to put that leather bit between the padding and the metal as to not dull the tips of the pins.

Blog Archive