Saturday, March 7, 2009

Do You Ever Feel Life is a Challenge?

It seemed like a long week to me...and I was looking forward to Friday...as I am off for the weekend and some R&R. Spent from a busy day I had a power nap ... which refreshed me ... but stretched past midnight ... so here I am ... fully awake in the wee hours of the morning!

I was hopping around my fave blogs to see what everyone else has been up to ... when I stumbled across an intriguing post on Mary Corbet's site. She posted a You Tube video of a woman who has to do everything with her feet ... because she has no arms. The amazing thing is ... what she can do!

I will never complain again ... about what I cannnot do .. because this is absolutely awesome ... how she has overcome the lack of having hands ... and accomplishes amazing things using only her feet!

The fact that it is all in a foriegn language is of no consequense...the video will speak for itself!

So...check it out... I'm sure you'll find inspiration in what you see!

3 comments:

Linda H said...

When I was 18, I attended a Youth Conference in a different city. Students from across Canada were housed in a dorm-like bldg. I worked on the Registration table to help out. As long as I live, I will never forget the moment when a foot appeared on the table, picked up a pen and started filling out the necessary reigistration sheets. It belonged to a young lady with no arms. Mary was amazing - she could comb her hair, brush her teeth, dress herself- all without arms. She could do anything with her feet! I have never forgotten her,and when I'm feeling sorry for myself, I remind myself that there are many others who have serious challenges to deal with daily, I merely have "inconveniences". It's good to have a wake-up call now and then isn't it?

Gwen Buchanan said...

Wow!!! where there's a will... there is great determination.. Nope if I ever complain again... well just slap me.. please...
That was amazing.. and not just a simple pullover..no... a shirt with buttons.. she really has developed her feet as hands.. and not to mention her flexibility...

Marie Alton said...

Linda ... that must have been amazing to see in person! I can see how this would be a lifelong vision ... and the impact it made at that age. More kids these days need that kind of impact to realize how easy they have it.

I played it for Mel ... who was totally amazed.

Gwen ... I agree. She certainly has great determination ... I just could not believe my eyes when I watched her doing the embroidery!

Blog Archive