So here's the first of the Paisley bits that I have been working on. This is close to actual size...but if you click on it...it'll enlarge for more detail.
Starting from the outside edge ... I did the outline in chain stitch and then did the outer border with detatched buttonhole with Pearl Crown Rayon in Light Fuchsia. Inside the border I added a row of pink bugles alternated with gold metallic seed beads...then picked up more of same to do the points. Next to these I worked a row of straight stitches (PCR - Lavender) then worked detatched buttonhole over them. The next row has more of the pink bugles alternated with purple 8/0 metallic beads.
I was almost going to stop there...as the black centre kinda looked cool...but then decided to enhance it with a bit of Kreinik gold cord...so I formed a web of sorts ... ending up with an odd number of spokes ... then wove over/under (a la Spider Web Rose) and formed the eye.
Not too shabby...am pleased with how it turned out. Next one I'm going to do is on ivory duppioni in shades of green and something...will see where it takes me!
I've also been taking my Drag Bag to work and adding to it during the spare time I usually have over my dinner hour...so it's coming along slowly. Nothing to show on it yet.
Have a great day!