I finished up my second paisley yesterday ... and am now on to a third ... but this time I'm downsizing a bit. These first two measure 2-3/4" long ... the next one will be 2-1/4" and have another that is 2" . I am also toying with a butterfly idea ... and a few other shapes for these beaded / stitched embellishments...because I still don't have any projects beckoning me!
For this one I started with YLI Silk 30 and did a chain stitch outline ... whip stitched that ... then used PCR to do the Cast-on Stitch scallops around the perimeter. Next I added a row of ivory seed beads and worked loops into the base row & added a green rochaille in the centre ... stitched bullion curves around these followed by a row of the same green beads around them. In the centre space I added loops of the ivory seed beads enhanced with some gold colonial knots for a bit of depth...I wasn't completely thrilled with how it turned out ... but it looks all right.
Must run ... all that playing yesterday has left me with a list of things that still need to get done.