Tuesday, March 31, 2009

So ... I've Been Playing ...


Here's what I've been up to : got some plastic rings to try those Dorset Butttons ... wished I had got some a bit bigger...noticed afterward that the ones used were 1" ... mine were half that. Oh well ... I also used #12 silk ... and ended up with more spokes...but it turned out okay. I also used the same to crochet over the ring & then did some mesh around. The Happiness Green PCR one was started the same way ... crocheting over the ring ... then did a round of Vs topped with fans.

Then I decided to add some beads ... on the Blue Iris one ... I did a ring around first & worked the pattern from it ... the Ivory one was free hand ... turned out not bad but tricky to gauge spacing.

This is the equivalent of doodling for me ... playing with ideas ... distracting myself for a while.

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That is doodling? Wow - I would hate to think what you would come up with if you weren't :0)

Marie Alton said...

Hi MA ... well ... you know me ... one idea turns into a bunch! These were just for fun to try out some stuff in search of the lately illusive inspiration.

Summerset said...

Those are cool! Thanks for sharing - what a neat way to go beyond the original concept.

Marie Alton said...

Summerset ... that's a cool name!
Thanks ... that seams to be my thing ... taking things beyond ... sometimes beyond where they should go ... but pushing the envelope sometimes yields some way cool stuff! I do think outside the box ... and circle ... always looking to make the ordinary unique.

Blog Archive