Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Whole Pillow


Mel took pics of this a week ago ... and finally got her to upload them for me.

I've been playing some more ... Freda B used her butterfly Beady Bits for the block she's currently working on ... so didn't need the key rings ... and I had a spare one from another thing, so made 3 more Beady Bits for Amy's Ride.

I've also been going through my Free Form Embellishments and chosen a bunch that will go up for donations as well ... so look for those later this week ... by Friday at the latest! A few of them I've shared previously on my blog ... and many of them are the originals from the pattern sets!

So ... all you CQers out there ... I hope you'll be enticed with these special goodies! They'd be perfect additions to special blocks & at the same time you can share in this awesome cause!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Ooooo, the pillow looks great, Marie! Who'da thought that denim would look so great in a crazy quilt. I didn't realize those paisleys were so tiny!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I LIKE that pillow (but of course you know I would).
I was getting ready to send you $ for Amy's Ride, but now I have to wait to see what else you're putting up later in the week (might just have to spend some more!).

Marie Alton said...

Hi Debbie ... Thanks! I love the colour variations in denim & this is a prime example of what can be done with it and CQ. The paisleys aren't really tiny ... a couple inches each.
They look smaller on the whole thing I guess.

MA ... how is it you never saw this in person? Hey ... there's another denim project to help use up that stash of yours!

I apologixze in advance for dipping into your bank account ... but I know you saw some of these when they were new...so glad that you are wanting to wait for the rest before cutting that cheque!

Your envelope shall remain open until you tell me to send!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

No, I was never lucky enough to see this pillow for real (at least not yet)...someday I will!!
Let me know when you get the rest of the goodies 'up' and I'll have a peek before I send you my $$.
MA

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi Marie, You have been the busiest girl.. all the beaded work is fabulous... and congratualtions to you beautiful niece on her Ride... I know what it is like to lose people before their time is up... it is a lose to everyone ...
This pillow is wonderful.. so pretty.. take care of yourself!!!

Blog Archive