Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'M THE COVER GIRL !

Hi All .... yes that'd be me waving to you from up here on Cloud 9 !

I just picked up my copy & artwork from Carla at A Needle Pulling Thread ... and I know that when she handed the issue to me ... my jaw dropped & I gasped ... 'cause right there on the cover ... larger than life ... was my stitching!

The Summer 2009 issue is now up on their web site .... and you can see the cover ! The creative team did an incredible job taking parts of the finished ring pillow and turning it into what you'll see!

For the rest of the article ( it's a full 6-page spread ) ... you'll just have to pick up a copy of the magazine ... or better still to get that subscription now ... oh ... and incidentally ... this issue is also showing on the subscription card insert!

My thanks to John & Carla who did a simply awesome job ... I'm thrilled with it! Just tickled to bits!

Again my thanks goes out to Vikki Clayton of Hand-dyed Fibers ... creator of the fabulous ribbons & threads I used for this piece! I always find inspiration when working with them!

What next you ask??? Well ... there are plans afoot for another contribution in 2010 ... for the Festive Issue which will come out in September ... with all the "giftable" ideas for Christmas.
I promise to make it worth the wait!

Hugs ..... Marie

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh wow!!!!!!! Congrats girl!!! I can't WAIT for my issue to come and you can be sure I'll be watching the mail box like a hawk til it gets here.

Linda H said...

Wow!! Congrats Cover Girl!! Can't wait to see this issue! Hope you're feeling better.. bet this helped!!

Blog Archive