Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pain = Nothing Much Accomplished

I woke up this morning with a very sore right shoulder. I was fine last night when I went to bed ... so all I can attribute it to is doing some weird in my sleep ... or that it was a complication of that and something that I did at work that I didn't realize. Bottom line ... could barely turn my head 90 degrees to the right without wincing in pain.

As usual on my day off ... I had many things planned to accomplish ... but the list was pared down drastically as the pain was just so distracting! Sucks to get old !

Fortunately for me I have a sister who lives very close who just happens to be a RMT ... that stands for Registered Massage Therapist.

Although the sorce of the pain was in my right shoulder ... she started by working on my right foot ... and damned if that didn't start fixing things right away! But after that she worked on the badness in my shoulder and now I am feeling a whole lot better! It still feels tender from all the manipulation but the knots are gone ... and that's a good thing!

Last night was my neice Becca's Grade 8 Graduation ... and as much as I wanted to be there ... I also had to be at a Co-op General Members meeting. Mel took her camera to capture the event ... and I got to see her and her lovely dress ... created by my sis ... before they all headed over. (There will be pics after Mel gets them loaded.)

There was an unforseen last minute crises ... a torn seam ... that Aunt Marie had to whip-stitch closed ... but aside from that she ended up having a wonderful time even though she was fighting a summer cold. Some things just have to be ignored.

Also had a call last night from Carla ... the editor of A Needle Pulling Thread to let me know that the issue is going to be in her hands before the weekend ... and that she wanted to share it with me first-hand.

Unfortunately this is my weekend to work ... so won't be able to hook up with her till Monday ... but that's just fine ... as I start a week of holidays then and will put that at the top of my "To Do" list! Can't wait to see it!

Ohhh ... I've also been presented with a Kreative Blogger award by my friend Debbie in Jerusalem ... which is awesome ... and will post about early next week!

Amy has some pics for me too ... documenting the Ride so will post those as soon as am able.

Okay ... time to get horizontal!

1 comment:

Linda H said...

Hope you're feeling better Marie...

Blog Archive