Monday, August 17, 2009

A Day of Stitching ... Drag Bag is Getting There !

And....I just scanned some of the newest additions!

I had created two small wrought iron trellises at the side seams ... one is now complete ... and the other is in Stage 2.














I love working with Vikki's silk!

#12 silk pearl for the vines & leaves and Rose Hip Tea 4mm Colonial Knot bud clusters.

















This is a close-up of the leaves.

Each began with a Lazy Daisy stitch ... and then were "needlewoven" ... in and out like a Figure 8.
Yes ... time consuming ... but look so coool!


And obviously I am smitten with these because I did the same thing on the other vine with a different colour ... and then decided the flowers I would do a la Clematis ... again with the same stitch!

Call me crazy ... there's probably over 200 leaves between the two ... and each of these flowers have 5 petals each .... but the look was so worth the effort!

6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your drag bag is going to be a thing of beauty once it's done. Can't wait to see it in person!

Debbie said...

Pictures, finally! I love all those tiny little woven leaves. Beautiful, Marie.

Ann Flowers said...

Those are stunning. I love your work it is so beautiful. I love Vikki's silks too. They are fabulous. Gorgeous job! I love the contrast between the lighter colors and the black, very creative!!!

Diane said...

Perfect little flowers and leaves. Your bag will be a work of art.

Linda H said...

These flowers and leaves are just beautiful Marie. I think you're going to have to come up with a more elegant name than "Drag Bag"... for all the work you've put into it... lol

Marie Alton said...

Thanks everybody!

Linda H ... Hmmm ... another name?
I originally based it on the function rather than a reflection of its look...but a rose by any other name...

I forgot to mention ... that vibrant purple thread that I'm using for the flowers is none other that Jeans Stitch by YLI. it works up almost identically to the #12 silk.

Blog Archive